While it's likely that hard-core Tacoma fanatics will continue to balk at any factory-upgrade package beyond a rear locking differential, like other TRD Pro trucks this vehicle will come fully outfitted in both performance and style. Top of the list for us is the new color: Cement. This should be the same color as the 'old' 2013 FJ Cruiser Special Edition, which is a cool dark-gray that's suitable for getting slathered in mud and dirt. Barcelona Red and Super White will round out the special color selections.
Other exterior mods include:
- 16-inch TRD black alloy wheels with Goodyear Wrangler® All-Terrain Kevlar®-reinforced
- TRD Pro aluminum front skid plate
- Rigid Industries® LED fog lights
- Projector-beam headlights with black bezels, LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL), and
auto on/off feature
- Taillights with black bezels
- TRD Pro badge on front door with diamond-pattern knurled finish
- Black TRD Pro and 4x4 rear tailgate badging
- And of course the now common TOYOTA front grille, a first for the 3rd Gen Tacoma
For details on other styling mods, see the full Toyota Press Release.
The Good Stuff:
- FOX 2.5 Internal Bypass shocks tuned by TRD
- TRD-tuned front springs with a 1-inch lift
- TRD-tuned rear suspension with progressive-rate off-road leaf spring
- 4WDemand part-time 4WD
- V6 Tow Package that includes a Class-IV towing receiver hitch
- 130-amp alternator
- Trailer-Sway Control (TSC).
- Electronic locking rear differential
- CRAWL Control on Automatic transmissions
Pricing & availability have yet to be announced, so check back for details when they're available.