Since these LCAs use the bombproof stock bushings (which General Armor can easily press out of the old links), no special hardware is needed for the install. Since the heavy duty casings hang below the mount, LCA mount armor may not be needed.
After a lengthy discussion with Antonio about the massive amount of testing he’s done on these links, we’re confident that we won’t have to worry about this part of our suspension. He even showed us several ‘U-shaped’ stock links he’s abused during his testing. Antonio keeps a stock link on one side of his truck to show how his LCAs hold up to the abuse.
General Armor is currently working on setting up distribution with several FJC Vendors, so stay tuned to http://www.generalarmor.com/ for the latest updates on pricing & availability. We’ve been told that these links will be very competitively priced and will be shipping very soon!
1. The Rear Lower Control Arms are constructed of 1/4"-wall steel square tube, 1.5" on a side.
2. The bushing casings are constructed of 3/8"-wall, 2.75"-outer-diameter steel DOM tube.
3. Parts are unitized using a reinforced (proprietary) TIG weld.
4. An emergency brake hanger mount is included, which reuses the Toyota stock hanger and fastener.
5. Powder-coated gray, or bare steel.
6. Toyota stock bushings are re-used. These must be pressed out of the stock LCAs and pressed into the new ones.
To get your copy of the January 2012 issue of FJC Magazine: